Directed Light

I find that I am needing to push myself and take photos, but once I start going out away and by myself I love it and tell myself why don't I do this more often? Why is it that sometimes I feel forced to take pictures? Is it because I am expected to love it all the time? Is it normal to feel this way? Is this what I want to do with my life if I don't love it every time I pick up the camera? Would I feel more satisfied with something else?

These questions come to mind in this past year since finishing college. My life has been all over this past year trying to find myself both with photography and spiritually. I have been in a lot of different situations and places that were not planned. I may not know what is going to happen next like this past year, but God will lead me exactly where He wants me and who He wants me to be with, doing what I am supposed to be doing. I have found that I don't have to be doing strictly photography to be happy with what I am doing for a job. I always hope to continue to take pictures whether for a living or not, I will always enjoy the happiness and excitement of a wonderful photograph. I hope my life is filled with photography and in God's plan, but I have to let it go and let Him guide me.

God moves you around and even though it is not perfect with what I may want, it is His perfect plan for me :) I have to be at peace with this. He is my light and I will follow wherever He leads me. Like in a photograph, the light makes a whole scene better and without it there is no picture. Here are some photos that I chose to share with ya'll ;)

                 Matthew 5:14- "You are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid."










1 comment:

  1. Great photos Lay, you are so talented!!!! I totally understand what you are saying when you don't feel like doing photography all the time- I feel that way with my major as well. Sometimes we feel like we are defined by our desires and talents, but our talents do not define us, they just are small things that are a piece of the great person you are. Photography is just a small aspect of who you are because you are so much more!!! :) Hopefully that made some sense..haha

    ReplyDelete